Skip to main content

Class of 2026


When your oldest child hates the photos you took after her graduation ceremony & you forgot to ask someone to take pictures of the party, the blog post becomes much shorter than planned.  For the record, our family and my parents all got dressed up and went and enjoyed the perfect weather for an outdoor graduation ceremony.  Well, perfect for those of us not wearing a cap and gown.  They could have used a few degrees cooler but most of us were just grateful it wasn't raining for the first time in a week.  We are thankful for the precipitation but so glad the ceremony didn't have to be moved to the gym.  The event was over two hours long and our camping chairs were much more comfortable than bleachers would have been.  Their ceremony was very nice with all the usual things you would expect like a teacher speaking, honors being announced, a student speaker, salute to the armed forces, and everyone getting to walk across that stage, move their tassels, and throw their caps in the air.  Thank you, James, for grabbing a much better photo of the cap toss than I did.


I didn’t take many photos of the grad parties I went to but here is one I took of Kate at Hana’s on Friday and one Hubby took at Jane’s on Saturday. Not pictured: Chloe’s, Sawyer’s and Ava's. There were other parties we were invited to but I didn’t want to rush around.  Kate sure did go to a lot more than we did and Danny and Michelle also had grad parties to go to. Funny story: one of Kate’s teachers didn’t know until she was at our house that Kate and Danny were siblings and that Michelle even existed.  This kind of thing happens with these three a lot!



Jane’s dad was so kind in telling us how highly he thinks of our son. Hubby had a couple allergy attacks on graduation day. We will miss J so much but hope she loves the U of U.


The poster Kate’s friend, C, made for the party at our house. I promise the dollar store balloons held out for the party. I just don’t have pictures of all the decorating Michelle and Natalie and I did beforehand.  No grad collages necessary at our house when we can just grab scrapbooks off the bookshelf!  They were decorating the entry, dinning room, living room and kitchen.  I have made this girl a lot of scrapbooks.


The approved photo of the day, taken by Danny’s friend, C.  He was hilarious. Kate said he could only come if he brought cash so when he walked in Kate asked where her money was. He handed her a one dollar bill. Lol (I promise Michelle would have worn her CSU shirt too if Kate’s friend had gotten it back to us after borrowing it.)


We enjoyed celebrating our high school graduate!  She is so loved and we appreciate all who showed her support not only yesterday but for the last 18 years. May all your dreams come true. Here’s to the class of 2026.  ♥️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 250th Birthday

Please enjoy the following sunrise hike photos courtesy of Michelle.  You will not find me leaving the house at 3:00am to hike with friends but I am proud of my middle children when they do. Can an Independence Day blog post be complete without some time at the ball fields?  Natalie has her final tournament of the season and it was bittersweet to see the girls play so well but knowing this was the last chance they would have together before some of the girls (N included) aged out. I will always appreciate these coaches, players, and their families for truly making something special.  Pool play day was sunny and hot. My alarm went off at 5:30am to be at 7:00am warm ups an hour away. The first game was close but didn’t end the way we would have liked. The second game the girls took a solid beating and then after leading most of the third game, it ended in a tie. Natalie did some great work in the outfield and knows how to make those pitchers work when she hits those foul ba...

Precious Pumpkin

Our Halloween pictures finally made it to the computer. I won't state the name, but let's just say we know a certain 15-month-old who likes to hide things, especially if they are small & silver like a memory card reader. (: Oh look, here she is now, dressed up as a pumpkin fairy! And check out the super neat pumpkin Danny carved. We actually had neighbors make the effort to come compliment him before trick-or-treating began! I have never experienced a Halloween where families hang out on the porch to hand out candy the entire night! I just can't get over how wonderful the weather has been this fall. If there weren't long term consequences, I could really like global warming. Here's the cute little girl helping to hand out candy. She was a huge hit with the teenage trick-or-treaters. My favorite costume of the night was a guy dressed up as a kissing booth. When Dan asked him if that was working for him he replied, "I got a kiss from a 6-year-old ...

Some Explaining

Well, the time has come. We finally got the gutts to take an intentional photograph of what is soon to be a new addition to the family. Surprised? Well, if you haven't seen me in person lately, you should be! And yes, Dan & I were quite surprised too! A couple months after we brought Danny J. home from the hospital, I noticed how much more tired I was waking up in the middle of the night with him than I was when Kaelah was a newborn. I kept asking myself, is there really that big of a difference between ages 26 & 28? I didn't think anything of my period coming late b/c both Dan & I were complaining of nausea. Eventually I went to our family practice doctor & said, "I'm either pregnant or something is wrong with me that I want you to fix!" We ran the blood work & called the fertility specialist after he told me the rapid test came back VERY pink. From then we did the same thing we had done before. Held our breath & took LOTS of medi...