Skip to main content

Transitions

We tried to keep our four day weekend pretty calm this year.  Got things done like a check up, went thrifting, and Michelle got to spend her REI gift card she got at Christmas on trekking poles for this summer.  We celebrated Valentine's Day and baked a King Cake for Mardi Gras.  Plenty of Winter Olympics were watched.  Natalie got a softball hitting lesson in and we got Menchie's and played tennis just for fun.  Danny still had basketball and a team dinner and then managed the next week to catch both Covid and Flu B at the same time.  I'm pretty sure he shared with me so I not only took a day off work feeling like crud but also because I sprained my ankle right after bringing him home from urgent care.  


The SCLA sophomores are planning prom and it's so fun to see Michelle planning something that Kate and Danny can go to.  Here is a screen grab from a reel their class did in preparation to announce this year's prom theme.




Danny only missed one (Tuesday) game due to illness and was back on the court for a few minutes on a crazy Friday night and then felt better and spent more time on the court at the Saturday evening game. Our family usually comes to the Friday night games but I think we broke a fan record on Saturday with Hubby and I, my parents, Natalie, and Dani and Amy in attendance.   I should have taken a picture!  But here's a team photo Andy shared in the parent group text.  Michelle would have been there too but realized she might have to make one of us leave the game early to take her to the Longmont Symphony concert with her orchestra pals so got a ride with her friend, B, instead.  She has been busy with tennis tryouts on top of her other activities and decided it was time for her waist length hair to become more manageable.  Michelle opted for drastic change!  Turns out the entire varsity team opted for drastic change before playoffs too!





Michelle absolutely loves how her hair turned out and Danny is happy it won't take him as long to get ready for school.  Tennis tryouts and post season basketball, here they come!





You'll notice Danny isn't in the "after" photo but don't worry, he got buzzed too.  Just had to leave before everyone was done to make his date at a fancy sushi restaurant for a belated Valentine's dinner with Jane.

While our middle two were doing things like getting their hair cut, and Kate was hanging out with friends, Natalie and Hubby were at Natalie's first 3 games of the season, back to back to back in the cold!  They had a great start with a solid win against the Miners 9 to 1.  The next game was a close one, ending up with the Stars winning 6-4.  But the next game was even closer, with the Batbusters winning 8-7 in extra innings.  It was quite the way to begin the season.  Hubby reported he was very pleased with Natalie's at bats, with 2 solid hits he sent me video of as he texted me updates.  Natalie played in the outfield the entire time or took her turn in the dug out.  One of the first things she had me do when she got home was order her some electronic hand warmers like her teammates had.  She does not want to be that cold again for her next games this weekend.  What luck that after having such a mild winter, now that spring sports have begun, these kids are out there when it's barely above freezing outside.  But she had fun too and that is what really matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Precious Pumpkin

Our Halloween pictures finally made it to the computer. I won't state the name, but let's just say we know a certain 15-month-old who likes to hide things, especially if they are small & silver like a memory card reader. (: Oh look, here she is now, dressed up as a pumpkin fairy! And check out the super neat pumpkin Danny carved. We actually had neighbors make the effort to come compliment him before trick-or-treating began! I have never experienced a Halloween where families hang out on the porch to hand out candy the entire night! I just can't get over how wonderful the weather has been this fall. If there weren't long term consequences, I could really like global warming. Here's the cute little girl helping to hand out candy. She was a huge hit with the teenage trick-or-treaters. My favorite costume of the night was a guy dressed up as a kissing booth. When Dan asked him if that was working for him he replied, "I got a kiss from a 6-year-old ...

Happy 250th Birthday

Please enjoy the following sunrise hike photos courtesy of Michelle.  You will not find me leaving the house at 3:00am to hike with friends but I am proud of my middle children when they do. Can an Independence Day blog post be complete without some time at the ball fields?  Natalie has her final tournament of the season and it was bittersweet to see the girls play so well but knowing this was the last chance they would have together before some of the girls (N included) aged out. I will always appreciate these coaches, players, and their families for truly making something special.  Pool play day was sunny and hot. My alarm went off at 5:30am to be at 7:00am warm ups an hour away. The first game was close but didn’t end the way we would have liked. The second game the girls took a solid beating and then after leading most of the third game, it ended in a tie. Natalie did some great work in the outfield and knows how to make those pitchers work when she hits those foul ba...

Some Explaining

Well, the time has come. We finally got the gutts to take an intentional photograph of what is soon to be a new addition to the family. Surprised? Well, if you haven't seen me in person lately, you should be! And yes, Dan & I were quite surprised too! A couple months after we brought Danny J. home from the hospital, I noticed how much more tired I was waking up in the middle of the night with him than I was when Kaelah was a newborn. I kept asking myself, is there really that big of a difference between ages 26 & 28? I didn't think anything of my period coming late b/c both Dan & I were complaining of nausea. Eventually I went to our family practice doctor & said, "I'm either pregnant or something is wrong with me that I want you to fix!" We ran the blood work & called the fertility specialist after he told me the rapid test came back VERY pink. From then we did the same thing we had done before. Held our breath & took LOTS of medi...