Skip to main content

Hubby's Birthday Week

 

We are so grateful we get to celebrate another trip around the sun for Hubby.  He means the world to us and Michelle found him a new favorite restaurant for his birthday.  With her work preparing for the Lunar New Year Festival, she was told several times to try out the new Dim Sum & Dumplings place in town and it did not disappoint!  We cannot recommend this place enough and were actually kind of sad we had a different restaurant planned for later in the week with friends.  But the company was great for both the family and friends outing so we cannot complain!


On MLK Day we celebrated Kate's half birthday as well,  I took Natalie to the store to buy supplies for the strawberry Kate requested and Natalie made her "half" of a cake but stacking half circle layers.  I can tell she did a great job not only by the compliments she received but also by the fact that cake was gone fast!


The next day I subbed for a coworker and got to go to Natalie's PE class, where they were playing pickle ball. Not only was it so fun for me to see Natalie have a good time, but at one point the students I were assigned to asked me to help them and she got to see be laughing and having a good time too. For the record, she is probably my only child who could enjoy their mom playing during her PE class and probably only because it was a one off occasion. lol


Something else that may or may not happen again is Michelle' participation in the Combined League Honor Orchestra.  Even though it sounds more elite because it covers a wider area, Michelle preferred our school district's honor orchestra.  She's also been missing a lot of school due to SCLA related activities so she didn't appreciated being gone another day to drive an hour away but hey, she got Freddy's before they performed Prelude from Hansel and Gretel, Dance of the Paper Umbrellas, and Berceuse and Finale from The Firebird Suite. I thought the performance was wonderful but I must admit I am not a musician.


While I was north of home watching Michelle, half of the family was south of town at Danny's basketball game against his girlfriend's school.  Natalie was very impressed with FHS's dance team and was proud her brother was dating the team captain.  It made our team's loss easier to handle.


 For the next game our entire family was there, complete with Kate's "baby" from her AP Psych class.  She asked Natalie to babysit so that the baby wouldn't be in the student section.  Annabell was more than happy to help Natalie babysit.  Also at this game was a CHSAA photographer who is friends with Matt so he got us all the photos to look at.  Sometimes I think I should never try to take an action shot again and am very grateful to professionals willing to share their work.







There was a 3rd game that week with another win by a crazy amount and another team photo.  We love basketball win or lose but it's more fun to win, even if you feel a little sorry for the other guys.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Precious Pumpkin

Our Halloween pictures finally made it to the computer. I won't state the name, but let's just say we know a certain 15-month-old who likes to hide things, especially if they are small & silver like a memory card reader. (: Oh look, here she is now, dressed up as a pumpkin fairy! And check out the super neat pumpkin Danny carved. We actually had neighbors make the effort to come compliment him before trick-or-treating began! I have never experienced a Halloween where families hang out on the porch to hand out candy the entire night! I just can't get over how wonderful the weather has been this fall. If there weren't long term consequences, I could really like global warming. Here's the cute little girl helping to hand out candy. She was a huge hit with the teenage trick-or-treaters. My favorite costume of the night was a guy dressed up as a kissing booth. When Dan asked him if that was working for him he replied, "I got a kiss from a 6-year-old ...

Happy 250th Birthday

Please enjoy the following sunrise hike photos courtesy of Michelle.  You will not find me leaving the house at 3:00am to hike with friends but I am proud of my middle children when they do. Can an Independence Day blog post be complete without some time at the ball fields?  Natalie has her final tournament of the season and it was bittersweet to see the girls play so well but knowing this was the last chance they would have together before some of the girls (N included) aged out. I will always appreciate these coaches, players, and their families for truly making something special.  Pool play day was sunny and hot. My alarm went off at 5:30am to be at 7:00am warm ups an hour away. The first game was close but didn’t end the way we would have liked. The second game the girls took a solid beating and then after leading most of the third game, it ended in a tie. Natalie did some great work in the outfield and knows how to make those pitchers work when she hits those foul ba...

Some Explaining

Well, the time has come. We finally got the gutts to take an intentional photograph of what is soon to be a new addition to the family. Surprised? Well, if you haven't seen me in person lately, you should be! And yes, Dan & I were quite surprised too! A couple months after we brought Danny J. home from the hospital, I noticed how much more tired I was waking up in the middle of the night with him than I was when Kaelah was a newborn. I kept asking myself, is there really that big of a difference between ages 26 & 28? I didn't think anything of my period coming late b/c both Dan & I were complaining of nausea. Eventually I went to our family practice doctor & said, "I'm either pregnant or something is wrong with me that I want you to fix!" We ran the blood work & called the fertility specialist after he told me the rapid test came back VERY pink. From then we did the same thing we had done before. Held our breath & took LOTS of medi...