Skip to main content

Middle Children Week 🎻 🎾 πŸ€




Without Danny and Michelle, this blog post wouldn't exist!  First up was Michelle's LYS concert, where she got to play pieces like Adoration and Simple Gifts but liked playing Dvorak best.  She was thrilled to play those pieces.  Hubby and I loved being there in such a nice auditorium.  A couple days later was her high school concert, where my parents were able to join the two of us.  One of the perks was getting to hear the pieces they are planning on playing in Orlando next week, including Pirates of the Caribbean.  Since Michelle chose not to join them for their spring break trip it was fun for me to get to hear what they were planning.

Michelle is so happy to be on the tennis team again this year and she and her parter, E, won their first match 8-3.  They have strengths that compliment each other well and it was neat to see them working together on the court.  Hubby didn't like the fact we had to be such polite fans, my dad was fine with being quiet the entire time, and I decided to start quietly clapping when our girls did great.

Don't worry, Hubby got to cheer so much at Danny's Final Four basketball game the next day until he almost lost his voice!  The game was amazing.  We knew these teams were going to be well matched and we were confident Creek could punch their ticket to the state championship game but they still had to do the work.  And they did.  The teams were neck and neck, then their team pulled ahead, then our team caught up, then finally, even with some very questionable calls, Creek pulled ahead to win the game 51-47. Check out this Denver Post article but fun fact the article won't tell you: it was LA's 18th birthday.  What a memorial birthday for him!  Oh, and it also didn't mention that the school's spirit bus had a window broken by the wind throwing a rock at it on the way down and had to wait for another bus to pick them up and finish the drive down to Denver.  Luckily they still made it before the game began.  AND later we found out our #3 scorer (CB) had broken his wrist during the game!!! So much excitement for a Thursday.

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

How amazing is it that a team ranked 13th in the state got to play in the championship game? Lutheran was tough competition. They are a private school that is known to recruit players and already had 4 state championships behind them.  Our guys were able to keep it close at first but eventually pulled ahead and stayed ahead.  We definitely knew we were in trouble when our #2 scorer (BG) fouled out in the third quarter.  The team made a valiant effort but came away so so so disappointed. The parents waited and cheered/gave hugs to the kids on their way to the bus. Coach M had the boys take pictures with the runner up trophy.  I liked when Hubby said, “There is no shame in losing to a team that good.”  I had told him that it was so neat that he scored points (he made 2 free throws) in the state championship game. I hope these players know how proud all the parents are of them and win or lose, they are so very loved.

Daily Camera article

From the team parent email:

This season also included several historic milestones and accomplishments for the program. The team captured the Pueblo County Tournament Championship and earned the St. Vrain Valley School District Area Championship by defeating every other team in our district. In addition, this was the first time in school history that Silver Creek basketball reached the Great 8, the Final 4, and the State Championship game. These achievements reflect the hard work, belief, and commitment of our players and coaches throughout the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 250th Birthday

Please enjoy the following sunrise hike photos courtesy of Michelle.  You will not find me leaving the house at 3:00am to hike with friends but I am proud of my middle children when they do. Can an Independence Day blog post be complete without some time at the ball fields?  Natalie has her final tournament of the season and it was bittersweet to see the girls play so well but knowing this was the last chance they would have together before some of the girls (N included) aged out. I will always appreciate these coaches, players, and their families for truly making something special.  Pool play day was sunny and hot. My alarm went off at 5:30am to be at 7:00am warm ups an hour away. The first game was close but didn’t end the way we would have liked. The second game the girls took a solid beating and then after leading most of the third game, it ended in a tie. Natalie did some great work in the outfield and knows how to make those pitchers work when she hits those foul ba...

Precious Pumpkin

Our Halloween pictures finally made it to the computer. I won't state the name, but let's just say we know a certain 15-month-old who likes to hide things, especially if they are small & silver like a memory card reader. (: Oh look, here she is now, dressed up as a pumpkin fairy! And check out the super neat pumpkin Danny carved. We actually had neighbors make the effort to come compliment him before trick-or-treating began! I have never experienced a Halloween where families hang out on the porch to hand out candy the entire night! I just can't get over how wonderful the weather has been this fall. If there weren't long term consequences, I could really like global warming. Here's the cute little girl helping to hand out candy. She was a huge hit with the teenage trick-or-treaters. My favorite costume of the night was a guy dressed up as a kissing booth. When Dan asked him if that was working for him he replied, "I got a kiss from a 6-year-old ...

Some Explaining

Well, the time has come. We finally got the gutts to take an intentional photograph of what is soon to be a new addition to the family. Surprised? Well, if you haven't seen me in person lately, you should be! And yes, Dan & I were quite surprised too! A couple months after we brought Danny J. home from the hospital, I noticed how much more tired I was waking up in the middle of the night with him than I was when Kaelah was a newborn. I kept asking myself, is there really that big of a difference between ages 26 & 28? I didn't think anything of my period coming late b/c both Dan & I were complaining of nausea. Eventually I went to our family practice doctor & said, "I'm either pregnant or something is wrong with me that I want you to fix!" We ran the blood work & called the fertility specialist after he told me the rapid test came back VERY pink. From then we did the same thing we had done before. Held our breath & took LOTS of medi...