Skip to main content

Big Boy

Where have the last 3 months gone? Time flies when you're mega busy, right? Danny has the amazing ability to sit up or stand up when propped up against something. (Don't worry, there were some manly arms waiting to catch him if he slipped while I was taking the picture.) I will not be surprised if Danny is sitting up all by himself within the next month or two.
Danny chilling in a patio chair while Kaelah was drawing with sidewalk chalk in our backyard.
Danny is such a smiley joy to be around!!! He's just the easiest little guy in the whole world to get along with. I'm so appreciative of his patience a good nature, especially when his older sister is having a 2-year-old moment. Daddy is really good at making him laugh. One night he had Danny laughing for so long that he fussed for a second & immediately fell asleep he was so worn out. Ha ha ha. Danny is also getting stronger every day. He enjoys the jungle gym my mom bought a couple years ago & has even rolled all the way over once. Danny doesn't really like being on his tummy, so he has no incentive to repeat the feat, though. Oh, and he also enjoys playing peek-a-boo now. I think he's just the greatest 3-month-old in the whole wide world!!!

Comments

Is there anything he likes to watch? Like Kaelah or something else? If so, put him on his tummy then. Abigail didn't like tummy time either. Oh, and if he doesn't like his tummy, maybe he will learn how to roll front to back pretty quick.
Reggs said…
What a GREAT IDEA to have them hold a little sign in their "milestone" pictures. I'm totally gonna do that!
Plus, I love how Danny Jr. is winking at me. Such a little flirt!
Emily said…
I can't believe he's standing on his own already! He's definitely gonna be an early walker!

Popular posts from this blog

Precious Pumpkin

Our Halloween pictures finally made it to the computer. I won't state the name, but let's just say we know a certain 15-month-old who likes to hide things, especially if they are small & silver like a memory card reader. (: Oh look, here she is now, dressed up as a pumpkin fairy! And check out the super neat pumpkin Danny carved. We actually had neighbors make the effort to come compliment him before trick-or-treating began! I have never experienced a Halloween where families hang out on the porch to hand out candy the entire night! I just can't get over how wonderful the weather has been this fall. If there weren't long term consequences, I could really like global warming. Here's the cute little girl helping to hand out candy. She was a huge hit with the teenage trick-or-treaters. My favorite costume of the night was a guy dressed up as a kissing booth. When Dan asked him if that was working for him he replied, "I got a kiss from a 6-year-old ...

Danny's 1st Year Video

Exactly one year ago today we got a call from our case worker. He told us there was a birth mother thinking of placing her son with us for adoption. Usually he didn't make such phone calls before an official decision was made, but he felt that this little boy was meant for us & we needed a little warning b/c the due date was June 12. Low & behold, 4 days later he called to say Dani had chosen us to be her baby's parents. 2 weeks later, we were bringing Danny home from the hospital. It is difficult to believe Danny's birthday is only 2.5 weeks away. When I look back I feel he & I were a little gipped with me getting pregnant so soon after he was born & becoming a big brother at only 9.5 months, but he is so healthy & happy. There is no way he could have been any better of a baby... I'm convinced he is the easiest/best little guy to have ever graced the planet. We are so blessed. He is truly a joy of a boy.

No check up, but doing great!

The pediatrician thought Kaelah was doing well enough to skip her 15-month check up... but I can't resist a formal update before she turns 16-months-old tomorrow. Of course I'll put this first on the list: Kaelah said her first Chinese word last week! Bi zi for nose -- which she heard for the first time in Hawaii. Looks like I'll have to pick out word #2 soon! Kaelah is selective about the music we listen to now. She'll either say, "no" or begin dancing. We're thrilled she will now fold her arms while we pray over the food & by her crib at night. Kaelah will also say "yummmm" while eating & will give high 5's and knuckles. I think you'll pick up most of the rest from the video. (: