Skip to main content

May Faire

Kaelah & I have been attending the parent/toddler class held at the school I used to teach at. It's been fun to be on the parent side of things. I think being a teacher is easier! Anyway, we had an extra special day last Thursday. The May Faire had been rained out the Saturday before, but it made it oh so easy to simply stick around after class to watch the festivities. Here is Kaelah posing for Danny once he met us at the school.
Can you spot Lady Spring? All the classes did a great job with their music & dancing presentations. And the kindergartners were angelic in their observation! I adore having my family with me at the school and seeing the students react to Kaelah. One day I had to carry Kaelah out of the room because she was having a temper tantrum. They were shocked that MY daughter would ever need to cool off outside! Or need to be reminded to wear her hat....
Speaking of hats, Dan bought me a perfect one at Target.
The 4th graders did a magnificent job of weaving the May Pole ribbons while singing & dancing. Hard to believe I used to be the summer camp leader for some of them! This is the reaction Kaelah had: "Wow!" Oh, that reminds me. When the German teacher was introducing the grades & what they were going to do, she used little rhymes. Since the 5th grade was doing a dance the last line was, "Here is grade 5 to help your feet come alive." Kaelah jumped up off my lap (she had been oh so content the entire time watching) and said, "yeah!!!" With such perfect timing everyone around us laughed. How much does she really understand? Hmmmm....

Comments

Reggs said…
I am LOVING the hats!! What a totally cool tradition on May day. I wish we could find somewhere around here that did a May pole like that.
Also, how cool was your trip to VA!! I'm super jeal, we'll have to swing out there sometime. If not just for the ginger cakes and cider. :)
Emily said…
I love her expressions! And I think it's so cool that the school put on a May Faire!
Sarah said…
Yeah, Waldorf schools are the best. I'm already looking forward to the Harvest Fair in September. (:

Popular posts from this blog

Precious Pumpkin

Our Halloween pictures finally made it to the computer. I won't state the name, but let's just say we know a certain 15-month-old who likes to hide things, especially if they are small & silver like a memory card reader. (: Oh look, here she is now, dressed up as a pumpkin fairy! And check out the super neat pumpkin Danny carved. We actually had neighbors make the effort to come compliment him before trick-or-treating began! I have never experienced a Halloween where families hang out on the porch to hand out candy the entire night! I just can't get over how wonderful the weather has been this fall. If there weren't long term consequences, I could really like global warming. Here's the cute little girl helping to hand out candy. She was a huge hit with the teenage trick-or-treaters. My favorite costume of the night was a guy dressed up as a kissing booth. When Dan asked him if that was working for him he replied, "I got a kiss from a 6-year-old ...

Danny's 1st Year Video

Exactly one year ago today we got a call from our case worker. He told us there was a birth mother thinking of placing her son with us for adoption. Usually he didn't make such phone calls before an official decision was made, but he felt that this little boy was meant for us & we needed a little warning b/c the due date was June 12. Low & behold, 4 days later he called to say Dani had chosen us to be her baby's parents. 2 weeks later, we were bringing Danny home from the hospital. It is difficult to believe Danny's birthday is only 2.5 weeks away. When I look back I feel he & I were a little gipped with me getting pregnant so soon after he was born & becoming a big brother at only 9.5 months, but he is so healthy & happy. There is no way he could have been any better of a baby... I'm convinced he is the easiest/best little guy to have ever graced the planet. We are so blessed. He is truly a joy of a boy.

No check up, but doing great!

The pediatrician thought Kaelah was doing well enough to skip her 15-month check up... but I can't resist a formal update before she turns 16-months-old tomorrow. Of course I'll put this first on the list: Kaelah said her first Chinese word last week! Bi zi for nose -- which she heard for the first time in Hawaii. Looks like I'll have to pick out word #2 soon! Kaelah is selective about the music we listen to now. She'll either say, "no" or begin dancing. We're thrilled she will now fold her arms while we pray over the food & by her crib at night. Kaelah will also say "yummmm" while eating & will give high 5's and knuckles. I think you'll pick up most of the rest from the video. (: