Skip to main content

Precious Pumpkin

Our Halloween pictures finally made it to the computer. I won't state the name, but let's just say we know a certain 15-month-old who likes to hide things, especially if they are small & silver like a memory card reader. (: Oh look, here she is now, dressed up as a pumpkin fairy! And check out the super neat pumpkin Danny carved. We actually had neighbors make the effort to come compliment him before trick-or-treating began!

I have never experienced a Halloween where families hang out on the porch to hand out candy the entire night! I just can't get over how wonderful the weather has been this fall. If there weren't long term consequences, I could really like global warming.
Here's the cute little girl helping to hand out candy. She was a huge hit with the teenage trick-or-treaters. My favorite costume of the night was a guy dressed up as a kissing booth. When Dan asked him if that was working for him he replied, "I got a kiss from a 6-year-old & a 4-year-old."
In between waiting for trick-or-treaters, Dan introduced bubbles to Kaelah. She adores them!!! She is also loving her cardboard castle (below). It seems that is the toy she missed most while in Hawaii. I'm threatening to give all her plastic toys to charity. (;
I had to include a picture of Kaelah after eating "blood & bones" for lunch. Don't worry, they were really Princess Spaghetti-Os. I just know you were worried. (: We also had "monster guts" for dinner (aka veggie lasagna).
I'm also adding her Halloween outfit she wore a lot the past couple weeks. It reads, "Gouls just wanna have fun." I still giggle about that even though I bought it on clearance last year. Happy Halloween, everybody!!!

Comments

Sarah said…
This post was actually written on Nov. 5
Mandi said…
Wow! Looks like I need to come celebrate halloween with you next year. We didn't do anything since it's not really celebrated here although it seems to be catching on. I'm kinda glad cause with weeks left in the pregnancy I'm kinda tired. However it looks like you had so much fun! Maybe next year we'll do something exciting. Either way it looks like you and the little pumpkin had lots of fun! :) She makes a very cute little pumpkin... not that anyone needs to tell you that. ;)
Reggs said…
Those stripey tights are to DIE FOR!! She looks like one of the members of Strawberry Shortcake. Can I call her Pumpkin Cheesecake?
Dang that girl is cute.
I was hoping for a better picture of Danny's pumpkin. It's hard to tell from the picture what it is. But it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
Emily said…
I love it! Kaelah makes such a cute pumpkin!
lynda said…
i just found this blog on mindy's blog. you never told me about this one. what happened to the mac blog you had?
Maegan said…
What a cute pumpkin! Yeah, we do not have anything going on December 2nd, so we would love to see you. Where do you want to meet?

Popular posts from this blog

Danny's 1st Year Video

Exactly one year ago today we got a call from our case worker. He told us there was a birth mother thinking of placing her son with us for adoption. Usually he didn't make such phone calls before an official decision was made, but he felt that this little boy was meant for us & we needed a little warning b/c the due date was June 12. Low & behold, 4 days later he called to say Dani had chosen us to be her baby's parents. 2 weeks later, we were bringing Danny home from the hospital. It is difficult to believe Danny's birthday is only 2.5 weeks away. When I look back I feel he & I were a little gipped with me getting pregnant so soon after he was born & becoming a big brother at only 9.5 months, but he is so healthy & happy. There is no way he could have been any better of a baby... I'm convinced he is the easiest/best little guy to have ever graced the planet. We are so blessed. He is truly a joy of a boy.

No check up, but doing great!

The pediatrician thought Kaelah was doing well enough to skip her 15-month check up... but I can't resist a formal update before she turns 16-months-old tomorrow. Of course I'll put this first on the list: Kaelah said her first Chinese word last week! Bi zi for nose -- which she heard for the first time in Hawaii. Looks like I'll have to pick out word #2 soon! Kaelah is selective about the music we listen to now. She'll either say, "no" or begin dancing. We're thrilled she will now fold her arms while we pray over the food & by her crib at night. Kaelah will also say "yummmm" while eating & will give high 5's and knuckles. I think you'll pick up most of the rest from the video. (: